【SCHOLARSHIP】The Chung Hwa Rotary Educational Foundation Taiwan Rotary Academic Scholarship Application
The Chung Hwa Rotary Educational Foundation Taiwan Rotary Academic Scholarship Application
(2021-2022 Scholarship for Students in Master and Doctoral Degree Program)
Program Objectives for Academic Scholarships
Base on the spirit of Rotary service The Taiwan Rotary Academic Scholarships program supports the mission of The Chung Hwa Rotary Educational Foundation to promote education, research, and invention, to encourage the specialists and scholars of this country to devote themselves to research and invention, and promote the understanding and friendship of people in different countries.
Eligibility for Academic Scholarships
Applicants must be graduate students who are studying in universities in
Award For Academic Scholarship﹕
1. The award has been contributed to the scholars who studding in Taiwan, Each doctoral candidate on the Scholarship list receives NT＄180,000 and each recipient in the master's degree program receives NT＄135,000. one year.
2. The Scholarship covers one scholastic year, from January 2022 to June 2022,
To pay all scholastic costs including tuition, book allowance, campus housing, and food.
3. The Applicant must be under 35 years of age by August 31 of the year, they begin class. And those persons who have previously obtained or have received one other scholarship cannot be considered.
Schedule for the Scholarship Works：
1、Submit the required documents to the Office of International Affairs of the graduate school before September 30.
2、Applicants shall be chosen from the Office of International Affairs of the graduate school before October 31.
3、Applicants shall be chosen from the committee of the Foundation before November 30.
4、The Board Meeting of the Chung Hwa Rotary Educational Foundation Will be held at the end of the December, And the Announcement of the scholars' names.
5、The scholarship will award at the foundation＇s anniversary meeting.
INSTRUCTIONS for Academic Scholarship Applicants
Please check with the Office of International Affairs of the graduate school to determine the availability of scholarships and application deadlines. You should be prepared for personal interviews at the Rotary Foundation.
Please prepare the following documents with your name and the name of the graduate School
- A brief autobiography, no longer than two pages, (Had better excluding translation), describing:
• Your Academic strengths and challenges.
• Volunteer activities
2. A detailed statement of intent, no longer than three pages, (Had better excluding translation), describing:
• Your reasons for applying for a scholarship
• Your proposed field of study and future career plans, including an explanation of how these plans will support The Rotary Foundation’s mission to further world understanding and peace and help advance the objectives.
• Your reasoning is used to determine your preferred study in
• A community service project or activity you intend to carry out while in
3. A list, no longer than one page, ((Had better excluding translation), summarizing principal interests and activities, Indicate any training or experience in public speaking and community-service involvement.
Provide original transcripts from the graduate school that you attend.
Applicants should complete and have two academic instructors' recommendations, respectively, of this application. You should inform educators to completing these recommendations of the purpose of a Rotary Foundation Academic Scholarship.
Additional materials must include﹕
1、Copy of Graduate Students Identity Card
2、Copy of passport and Copy of visa
3、Two recent headshot photos
5、Budget Proposal with supporting documents
6、A recommendation by the Vice President of the Office of International Affairs, graduate school
If you receive a Taiwan Rotary Academic Scholarship, you will be expected to participate in the following activities：
1. Scholars must abide by the terms and conditions of the Academic Scholarship program as explained in the 2021-2022 Academic Scholarship application and materials.
2. Host refers to the Rotary club, district or Rotarians from the Application was submitted and selection is made assigned to study.
3. Scholars are expected to attend meetings of your sponsor Rotary club and, Rotary events in your sponsor’s district as invited, and present at least one talk to a Rotary forum, or other Rotary activities organized by the Host District and act as ambassadors of goodwill through Rotary.
4. Register contact with the Scholarship Alumni branch association of the Chung Hwa Rotary Educational Foundation.
5. After their studies are completed, Scholars will share their experiences with and submit reports to the Chung Hwa Rotary Educational Foundation and Rotary Club and the districts that recommended them.
6. Any behavior that may harm the image of Rotary and
7. Keeping your address, telephone number, and e-mail address updated at all times with the Chung Hwa Rotary Educational Rotary Foundation.
8. Two reports about your study and the impression of